CAD conversion service is the process of converting scan-based drawings, PDF and data on paper into accurate CAD drawings. Paper to CAD conversion is as it sounds. It is the process of taking paper-based drawings and converting them into digital form.
Many different sectors require the need for paper to CAD conversion; architecture and engineering are some of the primary industries for this service. Many times, even though it can be costly to hire a drafter or drawer, many architects and engineers may still seek out hand-drawn designs and plans. Drawings can provide an initial level of detail and understanding during the first steps of a building project or the creation of complex machinery. However, while these methods may be preferred in the initial stages of the design process, contractors and clients will benefit from detailed and high-quality digital designs.
While a blueprint may be detailed and offer a more in-depth look into the thought behind a design project, it still has to be fully realized in a program for further understanding. Architectural design firms and engineering projects are likely to have many stakeholders involved, a large amount of money and resources on the line, and time constraints. This scenario means that accuracy and precision are of the utmost importance. As a result, it is necessary to have designers that can convert paper drawings and plans into CAD designs.
Applications of paper to CAD conversions
There is a wide range of applications for these conversions. First, let’s discuss why they are useful.
- Permanent storage– Paper to CAD conversions enable you to permanently save or store your designs and drawings for later use or to refer to during a future project because Handling, storing and maintaining paper drawings are tedious with the possibilities of damaging or losing them.
- Free-up physical storage space– Paper drawings and drafts can take up much space. Getting rid of the paper and converting these drafts into a software program can help you have more area in your office for storage.
- Easier collaboration– Working with team members on a design becomes a lot more challenging if everything is on paper. Paper to CAD conversion allows you to share designs and work on models with others quickly.
- Efficiently share information– Instead of sending a paper draft through the mail, conversions enable you to send digital designs through email or share them on cloud-based platforms.
- Create more detailed designs– Even the best drafter may have difficulties producing photorealistic and high-quality designs on paper. Transferring these designs to a program allows designers to add in the details and realism that is necessary.